Monday, April 23, 2018

Frame it! - a canvas frame for a baby girl - Robin's Nest Dt project

Happy Monday to all,
Today it's my turn on the Chattering Robins blog, and I'm sharing a canvas frame I've made for a new baby girl in our family. 
to enhance the canvas, I framed it all around with the beatuful Robin's Nest Dew Drops.
I started by applaying white gesso to the canvas, and then I painted it with lavender acrylic paint.
After it was dry, I adhered a beautiful flowrey patterned paper. 
The next stage was to embelish one corner with lace and paper flowers. 
Thaen I colored it with some pink and violet mediums, diluted with water. I also ahered some tiny pearl hearts to the other 3 corners.
I used purple Dew Drops to frame the whole canvas, which gave a beautiful touch to the canvas.
I also added some green Dew Drops Diamonds around the flowers, so they were also framed by the diamonds.
The final touch was adding the little baby's name and a pucnched butterfly, also decorated in the center with a purple Dew Drops Diamond.
Some splatters with the pink and purple colors, and my canvas frame is done!
Here're some close-ups:




Robin's Nest products that I've used:

No comments: